We then went to The Tower of London, It was huge fortified castle with the Crown jewels, a trebuchet, and much more. We had a very funny guide and it was just fun to go and explore.
After that we continued around the city on the tour bus seeing the London Eye, Big Ben and stopping off at Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace.
The next day we had a bus trip planned for Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath. Windsor Castle was probably my favourite part of the trip. The castle was where the Queen lives outside of Buckingham palace and she was there while we visited (didn't see her though) You couldn't take pictures inside but it was incredible, everything you expected from living the life of Royalty. Amazing pieces of art, spacious rooms and an incredible garden in the back. It was something I would definitely go back and see again.
We then went on to Stonehenge which was really cool. You never really can grasp what it is mentally until you get there. I had always pictured what it was but you are blown away when you get there. You try to determine how they could possibly stack them like that, especially with such ancient technology. You walk the whole area which is a large roped off circle and every different angle just brings about more questions.
Finally was Bath which was an area where they discovered the Roman hot water baths. It was cool to see but by that time it was late and we were all pretty tired. There was a guy playing Stairway to Heaven on a guitar and I was more impressed with that than the baths.
It was nice spending time with the family and having gone to a pub just me and my ma the last night they were here. It was fun and can't wait to see them all in a few months.
This weekend was a fun weekend of going off to some clubs and dancing. Yesterday one of the kids parents rented out the bottom of a pub and we had free finger food and drinks, which was awesome and saved us all a lot of money in terms of preparation for heading out that evening. Also the last two evenings I haven't spent in my own bed as my roommate has become a cuddle buddy with one of the girls friends here, but no need to intrude when I can crash down in one of the girls rooms, as they all think I'm the sexiest one here. ;)
Next weekend we start our Spring Break and head off to Rome. The weekend is booked with tours of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and then the Colosseum. I can't wait as it's been something I've been waiting for since I got here.
No comments:
Post a Comment